DUI Defense Strategies
DUI/DWI defense cases are not simple to win. However, they are not impossible to prevail. If you have aNew Jersey DWI/DUI Defense Lawyer who recognizes the challenges ahead and has assisted others in winning these challenging cases, you are in a strong position. The Law Office of Matthew V. Portella, LLC, has established reliable dui defense strategies. With so much at stake – revocation of driver’s license, enormous fines, and jail time, to mention a few – you deserve nothing less than a reliable New Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyer.
New Jersey has strict DUI laws and severe penalties. An excellent defense strategy should utilize every opportunity to influence the penalties you encounter, and the evidence staged against you.
Strategies for successfully defending against DUI
- Examine the police reports: The Law Office of Matthew V. Portella, LLC, will get copies of the police reports on time and review them thoroughly for any inconsistencies between what is on the reports and what is on the DWI form, the test form, and implied consent form.
- Analyze video and audio: Our criminal defense attorneys will examine the videos taken from the patrol car at the traffic lights as well as the audio footage. If there were no records, then your statements can be repressed. In addition to requesting the video and audiotapes, our attorneys ensure that they actually get the tapes instead of getting the delay.
- Seek police error: In some DWI cases, you might have the charges dismissed as a result of police error. We will investigate the answers to several questions, including: Did the police officer have a solid reason to stop you? Did the police officer have a realistic suspicion to ask for field sobriety tests? Did the police officer grant you permission to contact an attorney before requesting the field sobriety test? Did the police officer process the tests accurately? For instance, in a one-leg stand test, the police officer is needed to show you how the test is to be done. Was the police officer appropriately certified and trained to utilize a breath machine?
- Show strong negotiation skills: If a DUI case is not discharged at the pretrial hearing, a defense lawyer can assist in negotiating the case with the prosecutor. Our attorneys have extensive experience negotiating with local prosecutors and proving the inaccuracies, errors, and inconsistencies in your case. We are excellently skilled in bringing down the DUI case against you.
- Showcase knowledge and authority in the courtroom: Your case might not go to trial, but you can be confident that our lawyers will know what to do if it does. They remain committed to the eventual goal of a favorable outcome for every client.
Contact our driving under influence defense lawyers today for a free consultation.
Have you been arrested for drunk driving? Our defense attorneys at The Law Office of Matthew V. Portella, LLC, can start building a strong and winning defense on your behalf immediately. Don’t hesitate to contact us by filling our online appointment form or calling our offices for a free consultation.