Crimes In New Jersey This Week
A number of crimes took place in all of New Jersey in the past week, with alleged murders of two family members by a Bergen County man at the top of the list.
The suspect was a 60-year-old man from Teaneck who was found by the police with blood on his hands. According to police reports, he allegedly killed his 80-year-old mother and 52-year-old brother in the home they shared.
Another man from Essex County was sentenced to 180 years in prison for sexually assaulting a child over a period of 6 years. The suspect was identified as a 62-year-old Newark man who sexually abused a girl for 6 long years.
It all began when the girl was just 5-years-old. The felon was ordered by the judge to serve eight consecutive 20-year consecutive and two 10-year consecutive sentences. He will never leave prison. According to reports, the man’s girlfriend was the child’s caregiver.
These two men were among several others who were either charged with crimes, convicted of, or indicted for different crimes in the past week in all of New Jersey. Some of the other crimes are listed below.
- A 29-year-old Harrison woman was sexually assaulted by another Newark man who allegedly held a fake gun to her head during the incident that took place inside a residence.
- In another incident, a 32-year-old Willingboro man threatened to kill the family of a Pennsylvania restaurant owner. Apparently, the man wanted to be paid thousands of dollars. While he was threatening the restaurant owner, he allegedly showed him a photograph of a victim who was being beheaded. He threatened to do the same to his loved ones if his demands were not met.
- A Paterson man was arrested during a traffic stop along Interstate 80 in eastern Pennsylvania last year when $1 million in heroin was seized. The convict, a 38-year-old man, was sentenced to 12½ years to 26 years in state prison this week following his fourth drug conviction.
- A 43-year-old convicted robber was arrested after he threatened another man with a gun in South Jersey. The man was not allowed to possess a firearm.
- Another man was indicted who allegedly robbed a Woodstown bank wearing a Superman hat as part of his disguise.
- Lastly, a 46-year-old Monroeville man was indicted on charges after he crashed into a patrol car while trying to elude the police. According to police, the man had nine previous convictions.
News Source: https://www.nj.com/